Sunday, June 10, 2007

 
 

Sent to you by Umesh via Google Reader:

 
 

Vacation Reading List

via The Stalwart by Joseph Weisenthal on May 25, 2007

Next week, The Stalwart will be on hiatus as a take a much-needed vacation to a tropical island. The last time I took any time off of work was when I got married last summer, which wasn't exactly a restful vacation. I'll still have my computer with me (to avoid going through intense withdrawal), but I'm actually going to try doing something very radical: reading books. Yes, real printed pages. Strange, I know.

Here's my vacation reading list

  • Moneyball I know, I should've read this years ago, but sometimes you just don't get around to it. I'm about a third of the way through, and it shouldn't be hard to finish it over the coming week. Full writeup when I'm done, although I wonder if the world needs another person to talk about this book.
  • Bumblebee Economics Also, been in the hopper for a long time. Given the bee shortage, it seems more pertinent than when I first ordered it.
  • Your Worst Poker Enemy Duh, your worst poker enemy is yourself. At least in my case it is. Gotta fix that loose cannon head of mine.
  • Rebirth of American Industry A study of lean management
  • Mother Night The Strand had a big pile of Kurt Vonnegut books out the last time I was there, presumably on account of his recent passing, so I picked this one up. I've liked just about every Vonnegut book I've read, and I doubt this will be different. But I have to be honest, this will probably be the last on my list, because, let's face it, life's too short to read fiction.

And there you have it.


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments: